Amit is a Geophysicist with more than 14 years of experience. Prior to joining Telesto Energy, he worked in Centre for Development of Advanced Computing, Reliance Industries Ltd., Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation Ltd., Gujarat Energy Research and Management Institute in India and Arcis Seismic Solutions, TGS-NOPEC Geophysical Company in Calgary, Canada in various technical positions.
His area of expertise is Seismic Reservoir Characterization including 2D/3D seismic interpretation, seismic attribute analysis, Rock physics analysis, AVO/AVA analysis and Pre & Post-stack impedance inversion.
In his career span, he has worked actively in the field development of two Deep-water and one shallow water Oil & Gas fields in KG offshore basin of India. He has executed several reservoir characterization projects in Cambay basin of India and carried out field assessment studies in Cambay as well as Assam-Arakan basins. He has also executed a number of reservoir characterization projects over a wide range of sedimentary basins across Canada, USA, UK and Saudi Arabia in both conventional and unconventional reservoirs including Shale Gas plays.
His current area of interest is quantitative seismic interpretation for predicting rock parameters.
M.Sc. Tech., Applied Geophysics, Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines), Dhanbad
- Chopra, S., R. K. Sharma, A. K. Ray, H. Nemati, R. Morin, B. Schulte and D. D’Amico, 2017, Seismic reservoir characterization of Duvernay shale with quantitative interpretation and induced seismicity considerations — A case study, Interpretation, 5(2). T185-T197.
- Ray, A. K. and S. Chopra , Building more robust low-frequency models for seismic impedance inversion, First Break, 34(5), 47-52.
- Ray, A. K., R. K. Sharma and S. Chopra, 2015, Finding a better path to impedance inversion, published in the AAPG Explorer, September’15 issue, 42-43.
- Sharma, R. K., S. Chopra, and A. K. Ray, 2014, Characterization of the dolomite reservoirs with the help of photoelectric index volume, CSEG RECORDER, April issue, 39, 18-25.
- Ray, A. K., S. Dhubia, A. Gondalia and P. H. Rao, 2017, Pre-stack seismic data conditioning – Key to AVO Inversion, presented at 2017 SPG, held in Jaipur, in November.
- Ray, A. K., S. Dhubia, P. H. Rao and S. Biswal, 2017, Seismic characterization of Fracture network and Brittle zones for Frackabality prediction, presented at 2017 SPG, held in Jaipur, in November.
- Ray, A. K., and S. Chopra, 2015, More robust methods of low-frequency model building for seismic impedance inversion, presented at 2015 SEG Convention, held at New Orleans, in October.
- Ray, A. K., S. Chopra and R. K. Sharma, 2015, A novel approach for low frequency model generation based on multiattribute regression analysis, presented at 2015 Geoconvention, held Calgary, in May.
- Ray, A. K., R. K. Sharma and S. Chopra, 2015, Hydrocarbon-bearing dolomite reservoir characterization: A case study from eastern Canada, presented at 2015 Geoconvention, held Calgary, in May.
- Sharma, R. K., S. Chopra, and A. K. Ray, 2015, Characterization of the dolomite reservoirs with the help of photoelectric index volume, presented at 2015 Geoconvention, held in Calgary, in May.
- Sharma, R. K., S. Chopra and A. K. Ray, 2014, Characterizing dolomite reservoirs with seismically-derived photoelectric index volume, Hart’s E and PDailypublication at SEG meeting, 26th Oct. 2014.
- Ray, A. K., R. K. Sharma and S. Chopra, 2014, Hydrocarbon-bearing dolomite reservoir characterization: A case study from eastern Canada, presented at 2014 SEG, held in Denver, in October.
- Sharma, R. K., S. Chopra, and A. K. Ray, 2014, Seismic characterization of Montney shale formation using Passey’s approach, presented at 2014 SEG, held in Denver, in October.
- Ray A. K. and S. Biswal, 2011, Bulk Gas Volume Estimation Using Multi-Attribute Regression and Probabilistic Neural Network (PNN): A Case Study in a Gas Field from East Coast of India, presented at 2011 AAPG GEO India, held in New Delhi, in January.
- Ray A. K. and S. Biswal, 2010, An efficient method of effective porosity prediction using an unconventional attribute through multi-attribute regression and probabilistic neural network: A case study in a deep-water gas field, East Coast of India, presented at 2010 SEG, held in Denver, in October.
- Yenugu M., A. K. Ray, S. Biswal and A. Dutta, 2010, Applications of Curvature Attributes in reducing the Drilling Risk – A Case History, presented at 2010 SEG, held in Denver, in October.
- Ray A. K., S. Verma, S. Ghosh and S. Biswal, 2010, Time to Depth Conversion: An unconventional approach, presented at 2010 SPG, held in Hyderabad, in February.
- Rastogi R., A. K. Ray and S. Upadhaya, 2006, Parallel 2D pre-stack imaging on PARAM Padma, presented at 2006 SPG, held in Kolkata, in January.
- Ray A. K., S. Chakraborty, R. Rastogi and S. Lalwani, 2005, 2D parallel travel time tomography for complex subsurface imaging, presented at 2005 PETROTECH, held in New Delhi, in January.
- Ray A. K., R. Rastogi, S. Upadhaya and S. Chakraborty, 2005, 2D parallel travel time tomography using RCGA – A case study, presented at 2005 AEG, held in Pune, in November.